Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lemon tart


I made these lemon tarts last week, and I found the recipe at taste.com.au. 


I bought the bases from the supermarket, and added a raspberry on top, aren't they gorgeous.  I even amazed myself.

The recipe does say to stir the mixture in a heat proof bowl over simmering water, for 25 minutes.  Who does that.  I did try it.  So after a minute, I poured the water out and popped it into the saucepan and stirred with a wooden spoon for two or maybe three mintues.  It started to set beautifully, they tasted delicious.


I used one of Marthas tips for storing my christmas tree lights (all 300 of them).  I wrapped each set around some cardboard, I'm already looking forward to next christmas when I unwrap them, and how civilised it will be.  Thanks Martha.


Have a fabulous week.xx

7 comments:

  1. Those tarts look delicious and I love the raspberry on top... off to check out the recipe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, they look delicious! Taste.com.au is a great website, I use it all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lemon tarts look delish! And great idea for putting your Christmas lights away! Enjoy the fabulous week ahead, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! I love lemon sweets and these look totally scrumptious! Also liking the addition of the raspberry, it looks very pretty too :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, the lemon tarts look absolutely divine, and even better that the shortcut worked, Im a little like you, always looking for a way to make things a little faster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a great idea for Xmas lights! LOVE your blog! Miss Walker xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, thank you for leaving one.