Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thursday Garden

These pictures are from a beautiful garden I have visited  not far from where I live.  This garden was part of the open garden program.  We had a lovely afternoon out with devonshire tea/wine being served out on the patio under the grapevine.  We even shared afternoon tea with Malcolm and Tammy (sitting opposite us on the other side of the patio).  









The garden was full of surprises, lots of hedges, a grove of silver birches, vegetable garden with an old wooden gate, all overlooking the vineyard.  And as FF would suggest I have to try hard to walk calmly around the gardens and not run.







Love  pink geraniums in summer.



And of course pink David Austin roses, I have just planted 25 various David Austin roses, they have all got new growth on them already, so far so good.  Lots of work, but I love fresh flowers everywhere, especially picked from the garden, and my goat Isabella loves the rose cuttings when I do my pruning.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! What an amazing garden, that must have been a fantastic day out. You would get a lot of pleasure from visiting Hunter Valley Gardens, its an amazing place.Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam, Ive sent an award your way, just drop by my blog & check it out. Don't feel obligated to post about it, I know they are a lot of work. Congrats, Trish xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, thank you for leaving one.